My Crape Myrtles are in Bloom

I arrived home last evening after visiting my sister in Iowa for a few days. The crape myrtles are one of my favorite small trees, and those in my garden bloomed while I was gone. My yard is decked out with numerous crape myrtles in various shades of pink, and the... read more
A Day at Lake Okoboji

A Day at Lake Okoboji

I’m in Sioux City, Iowa this week visiting my sister, Tara. We, along with her husband, Mark, went to Lake Okoboji for a day. We shopped at The Central Emporium and the Barn Swallow, then headed to Park’s Marina. Their boat was docked and ready for us... read more
The Texas Book Festival 2016

The Texas Book Festival 2016

In the fall of 2016, my sister, Tami, and I, attended The Texas Book Festival in Austin, Texas. First Lady Laura Bush, who is a former librarian, co-founded the book festival in 1995 when she was the First Lady of Texas. The festival has become one of the country’s... read more
Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club

Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club

Once a month, I get together with my Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club. We’ve been meeting since 2003, and though a few members have come and gone, many of us have been here since the beginning. We eat, drink, and have a lot of fun. And believe it or not, we actually take... read more
Cheers to the Guys on Father’s Day

Cheers to the Guys on Father’s Day

My Dad loved to read, and for Father’s Day, my sisters and I often gave him books. Over the years, he had gathered quite a collection. He had many books about animals and particularly liked James Herriot’s series of books which includes All Creatures Great and... read more
The Not So Fabulous Apple Raisin & Pecan Bundt Cake

The Not So Fabulous Apple Raisin & Pecan Bundt Cake

Because of the rainy weather here in Denton yesterday, I was stuck inside, so I decided to bake this fabulous Apple Raisin & Pecan Bundt Cake and give you the recipe. Well, things didn’t go as planned. As you know, this whole blog business is new to me. I bought... read more
Izzie’s Obedience School Graduation

Izzie’s Obedience School Graduation

Woof! Woof! Pat me on my back. Scratch my tummy. Tell me I’m a good dog. I graduated from Obedience School. I knew I would. After all, Poodles are really smart. I had lots of fun and met new friends at Obedience School. Boo was my favorite friend, but mostly... read more