Potted Herbs on My Backporch

I grow various potted herbs on my backporch and use them for cooking. Having the herbs close by makes it easy for me to run out and snip a sprig whenever I want to spice up a dish. Some of my herbs were started from seeds while others were bought as starter plants. I... read more
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald

As I finished reading Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, I felt sadness for this intriguing woman who never reached her full potential – not as a woman, nor as an artist, dancer, or writer. Written by Therese Anne Fowler, Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald is a fictionalized... read more
Jen’s Blueberry Sunflower Seed Muffins

Jen’s Blueberry Sunflower Seed Muffins

I sent a request for favorite recipes to my family, and my niece, Jen, responded with many delectable choices. One of her favorites is a muffin recipe that she and her sister, Jessie, baked with their Grandma (my Mother) when they were young girls. Jen’s Blueberry... read more
Lion, the movie

Lion, the movie

Lion, the movie, is the incredible true story of five year old Saroo who lives in a small rural village near Khandwa, India in the 1980s. He adores his older brother, Guddu, and accompanies him one night to find work. The brothers become separated, and Saroo gets on... read more
Girlfriends Asian Tour

Girlfriends Asian Tour

The other day, some of my girlfriends and I travelled to Japan for lunch then hopped over to Thailand and India to do some sightseeing before returning to Texas. Our Girlfriends Asian Tour was fabulous and very enlightening. My friends, Lori, MaryAnn, Sue, and Karen,... read more
Tara’s Homemade Granola

Tara’s Homemade Granola

On my recent trip to see my sister, Tara, we hung out in the mornings drinking coffee and nibbling on her delicious homemade granola. Tara’s granola recipe is easy to make and gluten and sugar free. It does have some honey that adds a hint of sweetness. However, I... read more
Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July

Mom and I are having a happy Fourth of July as we celebrate our country’s independence. First thing this morning, Mom put out our flag. Mom told me we were going to be in a parade and said I needed to get dressed up for the festivities. However, she said I didn’t have... read more
My Quick Trip to Iowa

My Quick Trip to Iowa

I’m an Iowa girl living in Texas. At least once a year, I travel back to Iowa to visit my family. This year, I flew into Sioux City to spend a few days with my sister, Tara, and her husband, Mark. Let me share a few photos from my quick trip to Iowa. As we flew over... read more