Dog Statues in Chicago

As my niece, Sarah, and I walked along Michigan Avenue in Chicago, we passed by colorful statues of German Shepherd Dogs. The dog statues were part of the Chicago “K9s for Cops” campaign. Local artists designed the 54 inch tall fiberglass statues, while local... read more
Walk through Lincoln Park in Chicago

Walk through Lincoln Park in Chicago

Hello, Fall. Usually the changing seasons brings a change in the weather. But, here in north Texas, the temperatures are still in the 90s. Next week, forecasters are calling for cooler temps which will signal that fall is finally here. Fall, also, is the time of year... read more
Happy Birthday Izzie!

Happy Birthday Izzie!

Happy Birthday to me!!! I had a birthday last week and had a really great time. First thing in the morning, Mom gave me lots of tummy rubs. She said I was turning eight years old and the day was going to be special. Then she gave me some cards. I’m not really sure... read more
Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

The people of southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana have experienced extreme devastation and will continue to feel the effects for months and years to come. Hurricane Harvey was relentless and cruel. Many of these people live in areas that have never flooded. Most... read more