AmazonFresh Grocery Delivery

Bright and early this morning, my groceries were delivered to my front door. At 7:20 AM, the deliveryman from AmazonFresh rang my doorbell. Just barely out of bed, I greeted him in my pajamas. He dropped off three large bags filled with fresh produce and frozen food... read more
Easy Composting

Easy Composting

I compost my kitchen scraps and want to share my tips for easy composting. Not only is composting good for my garden, it reduces the garbage I send to the landfill. Many landfills are rapidly filling up, and about a third of the waste is compostable material. My... read more
Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

The people of southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana have experienced extreme devastation and will continue to feel the effects for months and years to come. Hurricane Harvey was relentless and cruel. Many of these people live in areas that have never flooded. Most... read more
Photos of My Flowers

Photos of My Flowers

The temperatures were a little cooler here in north Texas today, and I enjoyed being out in my garden. I trimmed back the Mexican sunflowers and dead headed the zinnias. This was the first year that I’ve grown the Mexican sunflowers, and I underestimated how big... read more
Considerations on Growing Older

Considerations on Growing Older

I have a friend who is around 75 years of age. Her husband is 10 years older than her. I’m going to refer to them as Jane and Andrew. They are in the process of a divorce after 35 years of marriage. Up until a year ago, they adored each other. But life doesn’t always... read more