Tara’s Homemade Granola

On my recent trip to see my sister, Tara, we hung out in the mornings drinking coffee and nibbling on her delicious homemade granola. Tara’s granola recipe is easy to make and gluten and sugar free. It does have some honey that adds a hint of sweetness. However, I... read more
Banana Bread Made Healthy with Einkorn Flour

Banana Bread Made Healthy with Einkorn Flour

This recipe is a healthier version of banana bread that is made with coconut oil, brown sugar, and Einkorn whole wheat flour. In my Sourdough 101 post last week, I introduced you to Einkorn flour. It’s an ancient grain that has not been hybridized and is more easily... read more
Sourdough 101

Sourdough 101

One of my ambitions is to bake really good sourdough bread. Sourdough bread is made with sourdough starter instead of commercial yeast and has a pleasant sour tang. The starter is fermented dough and contains friendly bacteria. Wild yeasts exist naturally on all... read more
Asparagus from My Garden

Asparagus from My Garden

My little garden produced a lot of asparagus this year… enough for me to eat a few spears almost every day and to also give some to my neighbors. Sadly, asparagus season is over. I picked it from February till the end of April. All asparagus that pops up now will... read more