My Quick Trip to Iowa

I’m an Iowa girl living in Texas. At least once a year, I travel back to Iowa to visit my family. This year, I flew into Sioux City to spend a few days with my sister, Tara, and her husband, Mark. Let me share a few photos from my quick trip to Iowa. As we flew over... read more
A Day at Lake Okoboji

A Day at Lake Okoboji

I’m in Sioux City, Iowa this week visiting my sister, Tara. We, along with her husband, Mark, went to Lake Okoboji for a day. We shopped at The Central Emporium and the Barn Swallow, then headed to Park’s Marina. Their boat was docked and ready for us... read more
The Texas Book Festival 2016

The Texas Book Festival 2016

In the fall of 2016, my sister, Tami, and I, attended The Texas Book Festival in Austin, Texas. First Lady Laura Bush, who is a former librarian, co-founded the book festival in 1995 when she was the First Lady of Texas. The festival has become one of the country’s... read more
Happy Travels

Happy Travels

Last year, my travels began with a trip to beautiful Grand Cayman. Friends of mine have a time share at the Morritt’s Resort, and they invited me to join them for a week. Their condo overlooks the beach and dock bar where we often ended up after a day in the sun. We... read more