Girlfriends Asian Tour

The other day, some of my girlfriends and I traveled to Japan for lunch then hopped over to Thailand and India to do some sightseeing before returning to Texas. Our Girlfriends Asian Tour was fabulous and very enlightening. My friends, Lori, MaryAnn, Sue, and Karen,...

read more
Tara’s Homemade Granola

Tara’s Homemade Granola

On my recent trip to see my sister, Tara, we hung out in the mornings drinking coffee and nibbling on her delicious homemade granola. Tara’s granola recipe is easy to make and gluten and sugar free. It does have some honey that adds a hint of sweetness. However, I...

read more
Happy Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July

Mom and I are having a happy Fourth of July as we celebrate our country’s independence. First thing this morning, Mom put out our flag. Mom told me we were going to be in a parade and said I needed to get dressed up for the festivities. However, she said I didn’t have...

read more
My Quick Trip to Iowa

My Quick Trip to Iowa

I’m an Iowa girl living in Texas. At least once a year, I travel back to Iowa to visit my family. This year, I flew into Sioux City to spend a few days with my sister, Tara, and her husband, Mark. Let me share a few photos from my quick trip to Iowa. As we flew over...

read more
My Crape Myrtles are in Bloom

My Crape Myrtles are in Bloom

I arrived home last evening after visiting my sister in Iowa for a few days. The crape myrtles are one of my favorite small trees, and those in my garden bloomed while I was gone. My yard is decked out with numerous crape myrtles in various shades of pink, and the...

read more
A Day at Lake Okoboji

A Day at Lake Okoboji

I'm in Sioux City, Iowa this week visiting my sister, Tara. We, along with her husband, Mark, went to Lake Okoboji for a day. We shopped at The Central Emporium and the Barn Swallow, then headed to Park's Marina. Their boat was docked and ready for us to hop into for...

read more
The Texas Book Festival 2016

The Texas Book Festival 2016

In the fall of 2016, my sister, Tami, and I, attended The Texas Book Festival in Austin, Texas. First Lady Laura Bush, who is a former librarian, co-founded the book festival in 1995 when she was the First Lady of Texas. The festival has become one of the country’s...

read more
Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club

Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club

Once a month, I get together with my Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club. We’ve been meeting since 2003, and though a few members have come and gone, many of us have been here since the beginning. We eat, drink, and have a lot of fun. And believe it or not, we actually take...

read more
Cheers to the Guys on Father’s Day

Cheers to the Guys on Father’s Day

My Dad loved to read, and for Father's Day, my sisters and I often gave him books. Over the years, he had gathered quite a collection. He had many books about animals and particularly liked James Herriot’s series of books which includes All Creatures Great and Small....

read more