Photos of My Flowers

The temperatures were a little cooler here in north Texas today, and I enjoyed being out in my garden. I trimmed back the Mexican sunflowers and dead headed the zinnias. This was the first year that I've grown the Mexican sunflowers, and I underestimated how big they would get. They, also, attract the...

read more
Considerations on Growing Older

Considerations on Growing Older

I have a friend who is around 75 years of age. Her husband is 10 years older than her. I’m going to refer to them as Jane and Andrew. They are in the process of a divorce after 35 years of marriage. Up until a year ago, they adored each other. But life doesn’t always move in the direction we think it will....

read more
Lion, the movie

Lion, the movie

Lion, the movie, is the incredible true story of five year old Saroo who lives in a small rural village near Khandwa, India in the 1980s. He adores his older brother, Guddu, and accompanies him one night to find work. The brothers become separated, and Saroo gets on the wrong train ending up in Kolkata...

read more
Artists & Makers at Coffee Shop Market

Artists & Makers at Coffee Shop Market

On the third Sunday of the month, Kimzey’s Coffee Shop opens its arms to local artisans and patrons for the Kimzey’s Coffee Social and Artisanal Market. Kimzey’s is nestled among a cluster of restaurants in Argyle, TX. The whimsical coffee shop looks like a house built by gnomes and offers a variety of...

read more
My Crape Myrtles are in Bloom

My Crape Myrtles are in Bloom

I arrived home last evening after visiting my sister in Iowa for a few days. The crape myrtles are one of my favorite small trees, and those in my garden bloomed while I was gone. My yard is decked out with numerous crape myrtles in various shades of pink, and the view from my back porch is beautiful this...

read more
Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club

Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club

Once a month, I get together with my Vino Amores Wine Tasting Club. We’ve been meeting since 2003, and though a few members have come and gone, many of us have been here since the beginning. We eat, drink, and have a lot of fun. And believe it or not, we actually take our wine tasting seriously. Membership...

read more
Cheers to the Guys on Father’s Day

Cheers to the Guys on Father’s Day

My Dad loved to read, and for Father's Day, my sisters and I often gave him books. Over the years, he had gathered quite a collection. He had many books about animals and particularly liked James Herriot’s series of books which includes All Creatures Great and Small. The books chronicle the author’s...

read more
Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day

These gorgeous flowers are for my Mother. She lived with me for several years after she sold her home in Iowa. My sisters would send flowers to her every Mother's Day. Mom passed away in 2010, but when Mother's Day comes around each year, I buy a big, beautiful bouquet of flowers for her. I cherish the time...

read more
My Back Porch

My Back Porch

Come on out and have a seat. Over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, we’ll chat about a lot of things. I like to bake, so we might sample my latest Bundt cake or loaf of sourdough bread. I’m always reading something whether it’s a book or magazine, and I hope you’ll voice your opinion or suggest a book or...

read more