The Not So Fabulous Apple Raisin & Pecan Bundt Cake

The Not So Fabulous Apple Raisin & Pecan Bundt Cake

Because of the rainy weather here in Denton yesterday, I was stuck inside, so I decided to bake this fabulous Apple Raisin & Pecan Bundt Cake and give you the recipe. Well, things didn’t go as planned. As you know, this whole blog business is new to me. I bought a...

read more
Izzie’s Obedience School Graduation

Izzie’s Obedience School Graduation

Woof! Woof! Pat me on my back. Scratch my tummy. Tell me I'm a good dog. I graduated from Obedience School. I knew I would. After all, Poodles are really smart. I had lots of fun and met new friends at Obedience School. Boo was my favorite friend, but mostly because...

read more
Banana Bread Made Healthy with Einkorn Flour

Banana Bread Made Healthy with Einkorn Flour

This recipe is a healthier version of banana bread that is made with coconut oil, brown sugar, and Einkorn whole wheat flour. In my Sourdough 101 post last week, I introduced you to Einkorn flour. It’s an ancient grain that has not been hybridized and is more easily...

read more
Sourdough 101

Sourdough 101

One of my ambitions is to bake really good sourdough bread. Sourdough bread is made with sourdough starter instead of commercial yeast and has a pleasant sour tang. The starter is fermented dough and contains friendly bacteria. Wild yeasts exist naturally on all...

read more
Happy Travels

Happy Travels

Last year, my travels began with a trip to beautiful Grand Cayman. Friends of mine have a time share at the Morritt’s Resort, and they invited me to join them for a week. Their condo overlooks the beach and dock bar where we often ended up after a day in the sun. We...

read more
The Great British Baking Show

The Great British Baking Show

Most afternoons, I walk 45 minutes on my treadmill and watch programs on Netflix or Amazon Prime as Izzie lies on the bed looking out the window. Lately, I’ve been watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix while I walk. The show is entertaining, and hopefully,...

read more
The Telomere Effect

The Telomere Effect

Lately, I’ve become fascinated by the aging process. That’s probably because I’m getting a little older and want my own aging to slow down. I recently read The Telomere Effect, a book about telomeres and their relationship to aging. Telomeres are a region of our DNA...

read more
Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day

These gorgeous flowers are for my Mother. She lived with me for several years after she sold her home in Iowa. My sisters would send flowers to her every Mother's Day. Mom passed away in 2010, but when Mother's Day comes around each year, I buy a big, beautiful...

read more
Asparagus from My Garden

Asparagus from My Garden

My little garden produced a lot of asparagus this year… enough for me to eat a few spears almost every day and to also give some to my neighbors. Sadly, asparagus season is over. I picked it from February till the end of April. All asparagus that pops up now will...

read more
Izzie’s Going to Obedience Class

Izzie’s Going to Obedience Class

Mom says we’re going to obedience class. She says I’m smart but won’t mind. She thinks I’m stubborn especially when we’re out on the back porch. It’s very important that I inspect the backyard and search for trespassers. I also chase the bunnies out of the garden. And...

read more