Backporch Banter

AmazonFresh Grocery Delivery

Bright and early this morning, my groceries were delivered to my front door. At 7:20 AM, the deliveryman from AmazonFresh rang my doorbell. Just barely out of bed, I greeted him in my pajamas. He dropped off three large bags filled with fresh produce and...

read more
Italian Bean and Pasta Soup

Italian Bean and Pasta Soup

The temperatures have been up and down a lot this winter, and I feel like we’ve had more cold weather than normal for north Texas. When the temperatures dip, I like to make a pot of homemade soup to warm me up. One of my favorites is this Italian Bean and...

read more
Vacation on Hilton Head Island

Vacation on Hilton Head Island

In January, Izzie and I vacationed on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina for a couple of weeks. We drove 1145 miles across east Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Georgia through rain and a little sleet and snow. As we travelled to and from South Carolina,...

read more
Happy Holidays from Izzie

Happy Holidays from Izzie

Happy Holidays!!! I had a great Christmas. How about you? Our outdoor Christmas tree is in the backyard so all of the neighbors on our greenbelt can see it. Grandma liked looking at the Christmas tree, so Mom puts it up every year so Grandma can see it...

read more
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Walnuts & Raisins

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Walnuts & Raisins

These Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Walnuts & Raisins are delicious and overflowing with autumn flavors. As an added bonus, the cookies are vegan and packed with healthy ingredients. I've listed many of the health benefits below. Pumpkin Pie Spice is a...

read more
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh what a beautiful Thanksgiving day! It's so nice outside, I don't want to come inside. But, Mom says I have to. Darn! I hope all of you get to spend time with your friends and family today. I’m going to stay home and take a nap while Mom spends...

read more
Trip to Big Bend

Trip to Big Bend

Last week, my sister, Tami, and brother in law, Mike, and I took a road trip to Big Bend in west Texas. I’ve included links so you can read more about the places we visited. Day 1 – After leaving Izzie at the Canine Country Inn, we headed out on our trip...

read more
Easy Composting

Easy Composting

I compost my kitchen scraps and want to share my tips for easy composting. Not only is composting good for my garden, it reduces the garbage I send to the landfill. Many landfills are rapidly filling up, and about a third of the waste is compostable...

read more