Considerations on Growing Older

I have a friend who is around 75 years of age. Her husband is 10 years older than her. I’m going to refer to them as Jane and Andrew. They are in the process of a divorce after 35 years of marriage. Up until a year ago, they adored each other. But life doesn’t always...

read more
Sarah’s No Bake Energy Balls

Sarah’s No Bake Energy Balls

My niece, Sarah, made these wonderful No Bake Energy Balls when I visited her in Chicago last year. We were out early every morning walking around the city and along the lake shore, going to the farmers markets and museums, and shopping. These No Bake Energy Balls...

read more
Izzie is Learning New Tricks

Izzie is Learning New Tricks

Mom and I have been very busy learning new tricks. I really, really like doing tricks. Every time I do one, I get a treat. My favorite treats are Blue Wilderness Salmon Wild Bits made especially for training. They are easy to break into small pieces. I’m little, so...

read more
Chocolate Cake with Raspberries for Wine Tasting

Chocolate Cake with Raspberries for Wine Tasting

I mentioned in a previous post that I’m in a wine tasting group known as the Vino Amores. A few days before our last gathering, I shopped at Costco and bought a container of raspberries. As those of you who shop at Costco know, you get a LOT of whatever it is you’re...

read more
Potted Herbs on My Backporch

Potted Herbs on My Backporch

I grow various potted herbs on my backporch and use them for cooking. Having the herbs close by makes it easy for me to run out and snip a sprig whenever I want to spice up a dish. Some of my herbs were started from seeds while others were bought as starter plants. I...

read more
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald

As I finished reading Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, I felt sadness for this intriguing woman who never reached her full potential – not as a woman, nor as an artist, dancer, or writer. Written by Therese Anne Fowler, Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald is a fictionalized...

read more
Jen’s Blueberry Sunflower Seed Muffins

Jen’s Blueberry Sunflower Seed Muffins

I sent a request for favorite recipes to my family, and my niece, Jen, responded with many delectable choices. One of her favorites is a muffin recipe that she and her sister, Jessie, baked with their Grandma (my Mother) when they were young girls. Jen’s Blueberry...

read more
Lion, the movie

Lion, the movie

Lion, the movie, is the incredible true story of five year old Saroo who lives in a small rural village near Khandwa, India in the 1980s. He adores his older brother, Guddu, and accompanies him one night to find work. The brothers become separated, and Saroo gets on...

read more