Trip to Big Bend

Last week, my sister, Tami, and brother in law, Mike, and I took a road trip to Big Bend in west Texas. I’ve included links so you can read more about the places we visited. Day 1 – After leaving Izzie at the Canine Country Inn, we headed out on our trip to the Big...

read more
Easy Composting

Easy Composting

I compost my kitchen scraps and want to share my tips for easy composting. Not only is composting good for my garden, it reduces the garbage I send to the landfill. Many landfills are rapidly filling up, and about a third of the waste is compostable material. My...

read more
Dog Statues in Chicago

Dog Statues in Chicago

As my niece, Sarah, and I walked along Michigan Avenue in Chicago, we passed by colorful statues of German Shepherd Dogs. The dog statues were part of the Chicago “K9s for Cops” campaign. Local artists designed the 54 inch tall fiberglass statues, while local...

read more
Walk through Lincoln Park in Chicago

Walk through Lincoln Park in Chicago

Hello, Fall. Usually the changing seasons brings a change in the weather. But, here in north Texas, the temperatures are still in the 90s. Next week, forecasters are calling for cooler temps which will signal that fall is finally here. Fall, also, is the time of year...

read more
Happy Birthday Izzie!

Happy Birthday Izzie!

Happy Birthday to me!!! I had a birthday last week and had a really great time. First thing in the morning, Mom gave me lots of tummy rubs. She said I was turning eight years old and the day was going to be special. Then she gave me some cards. I’m not really sure...

read more
Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts

The people of southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana have experienced extreme devastation and will continue to feel the effects for months and years to come. Hurricane Harvey was relentless and cruel. Many of these people live in areas that have never flooded. Most...

read more
Maple Oat Banana Walnut Bread

Maple Oat Banana Walnut Bread

I always buy more bananas than Izzie and I can eat. So I made banana bread again. This banana bread doesn’t have any refined sugar. Its mild sweetness is drawn from the maple syrup along with the bananas. Oat flour made from rolled oats and walnuts make this Maple Oat...

read more
Photos of My Flowers

Photos of My Flowers

The temperatures were a little cooler here in north Texas today, and I enjoyed being out in my garden. I trimmed back the Mexican sunflowers and dead headed the zinnias. This was the first year that I've grown the Mexican sunflowers, and I underestimated how big they...

read more